JoAnn Dixon - President
My dad taught me an overlapping grip when I was 10 years old and I came to love golf and playing it with him. I am married and live in West Caldwell, have two married sons and two grandchildren who are my absolute joy!
As a founding member of the EWGA Northern New Jersey chapter, I have a deep attachment to the organization. I’ve also learned after seeing other chapters, that we have something very special here in our chapter. I believe my leadership with other non-profit, volunteer organizations has prepared me well for the position..
I have found lifelong friendships through my membership in EWGA. I want to contribute as much as I can to making it even better, to attract more women to EWGA-NNJ, to encourage new golfers to find the joy those of us who are long-time players have found golf, offer companionship of other golfing women to those who know and love the game and to help women better understand how to use golf for business.
• To persist in creating an organization where businesswomen can use golf to network for work and enjoyment.
• To grow the interaction we have initiated with other women’s groups.
• To insure greater awareness of golf for school-age young women.
• To be an advocate, positively addressing issues affecting women golfers.
To accomplish these goals, I believe we must:
• Sustain the creative approaches we have taken towards clinics, leagues and the mentor system we developed.
• Re-establish networking sessions for women who are not league players, to enable them to make connections with other golfing women and develop a network of golfing business women.
• Develop a stronger public relations arm to ensure that more women and the public in general are aware of EWGA-NNJ.
• Meet with college and high school coaches. Sponsor “youth” days that encourage members to bring their daughters, nieces, cousins, neighbors, etc. to identify with active golfing-women role models.
Stefanie Thornton - Director, Events
I joined the EWGA NNJ chapter in 2017. Even though my time with the Organization has been quite short, I had a very exciting golf season and have already met women that I can now call my friends. The opportunity to play golf with so many diverse women at various courses has been ideal. Golf is a very social event; which lends itself to aiding in relationship building and networking.
As a professional woman and leader, I know I can bring a lot of positive influence to the Association and help it grow and expand even further. My experience in the business arena has given me the confidence and the knowledge to interact with people as well as being a leader to them.
As a new member of the EWGA, I witnessed some great leaders and volunteers, and I realize what a fantastic organization the EWGA is. A volunteer position is always a great way to get involved and try and make a difference.
I look forward to serving the members of the NNJ Chapter as the Events Director.
Lorraine Hara - Director, Membership
By day I am the Customer Service/ Inside Sales Manager with Anta Electric in Dover. I also followed my dream of owning my own small business.. enter Essentially Raine Boutique. My stress reliever though is golf so I joined EWGA NNJ back in 2003. I was just looking for a way to play this game that I loved and maybe improve a bit and make some new friends. I count myself lucky to say that I have add some Besties all because of EWGA. I wanted to do more so I joined the board way back when as the Membership Chair for 7 years. I have volunteered, coordinated, recruited.. You name it and I have probably done it over these last 14 years. What an unbelievable experience!! So after taking a few years off, I am very excited and energized to once again, roll up my sleeves and offer my insight, years of experience and whatever support I can.
Linda Perillo- Director, Marketing
Tammy Case - Director, Finance
Heather Goldberg - Director, Communications
Janine O'Connor Director Golf Programs - Leagues and Education